There are many reasons we feel overwhelmed. Too much work, not enough time to do it all, and the stress that is brought on from these two factors. If you want to regain focus and find your way back to a healthy state of mind then follow this easy guide for relief.
- Set a time every day to write everything down! Make a list of all the tasks you have to complete. If you have to double schedule everything on paper and on the calendar in your phone, then do it! Put this task on your calendar at least on weekdays!
- Prioritize your list according to urgency and importance. I use different colors, but you could use the list order, highlighters, or another system.
- Tackle one task at a time, starting with the most urgent or important item on your list.
- Set aside 15 minutes each day for deep work – focus only on that one thing until it’s finished.
- Take care of yourself by exercising, eating healthy foods, and getting enough sleep.
- Be kind to yourself – recognize when you’re feeling overwhelmed and take steps towards regaining control (e.g., taking breaks).
When we feel overwhelmed it can be hard to focus, and this, in turn, makes us even more stressed. We’ve provided you with a simple guide for relief from the stress of feeling overwhelmed. Remember, when all else fails take a break! You deserve it – your mental health is worth it. Use these tips as often as needed throughout your day or week and get back on track faster than before.
Which one of these quick fixes have helped you regain focus? Let us know in the comments!